Sunday, November 18, 2012

I
will not wait
to be understood

I
will not wait
to be heard

I
will not wait
to be seen in the true light

for I am right here

I have not been lying
I have not been deceitful


being evaluated
by those physically near me
but personally distant

they try
to tell me what I am
where I belong

they use
words of disdain and anger
in loud tones

expressing only
the opposite of what they
have vocally spoken

so I 
begin to tell myself repeatedly
to stay calm

silently waiting
for another loud structure
to return desolate

and in
learning
I empathize 
quickly
yet
desperately
attempting to understand
the outside of a shell

a shell that
surrounds me
yet
I cannot recall its creation
I cannot recall the way to disengage it
as if it were restlessly and relentlessly
protecting its contents
that someone
somewhere
claimed valuable

empathize

then
through other eyes
I see myself
unwillingly
taking blame
for
misunderstood events

I have to remind myself
what is and isn't my own fault

spending hours upon hours
recalling
reality
and
in
a matter of minutes
repercussions arrive
in overwhelming tones
again

I don't understand why this happens

I think I know why
but it seems almost too simple to really be the answer

No comments:

Post a Comment